Malevolent Guild
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Malevolent Guild

Malevolent Guild, Mari, NA, Established 4.28.2008

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Malevolent Project - mabinogi.wikia.com

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Zerago

Male Number of posts : 124
Quote : Meddle not in the affairs of dragons - for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup!
Registration date : 2009-05-30

Malevolent Project - mabinogi.wikia.com Empty
PostSubject: Malevolent Project - mabinogi.wikia.com   Malevolent Project - mabinogi.wikia.com I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 15, 2009 2:26 pm

So, at my workplace, the usual mabiwiki (wiki.mabinogiworld.com) is blocked. My curiosity would not accept that, so I looked around for another option. I came across the Wikia site and checked the Mabinogi section (mabinogi.wikia.com).

To my dismay, it is in horrible shape.

Many pages are missing or incomplete. Almost all existing pages are very poorly written, insufficient or just flat-out bad. For example, when I checked the page for "Enchant", the only thing the page had was something like "its that you go from people in ably". That poorly written. That grammatically suicidal. It seriously made my eye twitch.

I've decided to make an account and take an active role in improving the Mabinogi Wikia pages. But there's plenty of information to be written, too much for one person.

So I thought it might be really cool if this became a Malevolent project! 8D If any of you would be interested in working with me on beautifying and enhancing the site, please join in and let me know! I think it would be good to have an alternative to the main site (you know how the site gets really slow and/or crashes during major patches and whatnot).

Be active. Help out. Make Mabinogi a well-documented MMORPG for the world to see! Very Happy

My current task: handling the "Magic Skills" section of the site. It suits me.
Back to top Go down
Jillihan
Guild Member
Jillihan

Female Number of posts : 534
Quote : will heal for mana
Registration date : 2008-12-07

PostSubject: Re: Malevolent Project - mabinogi.wikia.com   Malevolent Project - mabinogi.wikia.com I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 15, 2009 3:03 pm

...well.. I'd propose me help.. but the fact that you want it to be well written? x3 I dont think I can make a perfect page with no speling mistakes x3 sorry! but it is a great idea though :3
Back to top Go down
Zerago

Quote : Meddle not in the affairs of dragons - for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup!

PostSubject: Re: Malevolent Project - mabinogi.wikia.com   Malevolent Project - mabinogi.wikia.com I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 15, 2009 3:06 pm

I'm not looking for everyone to be as picky about the cleanliness as I am. But have a whole page be "yeah someone does this for you and you get this" is just bad.

If anything, you could write up a page and forward it to me. I could take care of proof-reading it and then posting it online. That way, the site will be mostly consistent and you guys wouldn't have to worry about making an account or anything if you didn't want to!

So help meeeee for fun 8D
Back to top Go down
Zerago

PostSubject: Re: Malevolent Project - mabinogi.wikia.com   Malevolent Project - mabinogi.wikia.com I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 15, 2009 3:15 pm

I should be more specific.

Current task: Enchant page in Magic Skills section (mabinogi.wikia.com/wiki/Enchant).
Back to top Go down
Jillihan
Guild Member
Jillihan

Female Number of posts : 534
Quote : will heal for mana
Registration date : 2008-12-07

PostSubject: Re: Malevolent Project - mabinogi.wikia.com   Malevolent Project - mabinogi.wikia.com I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 15, 2009 3:45 pm

lol oki. Ill do this so we do this and then it'll be ok. (XD im tring to write like them? XD)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Malevolent Project - mabinogi.wikia.com   Malevolent Project - mabinogi.wikia.com I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Malevolent Project - mabinogi.wikia.com
Page 1 of 1